- Anyone been by Kenny's BBQ (8th & Maryland Ave NE) since they upgraded the exterior? Sign says new management too. https://t.co/09ewyrWD0G 2 months ago
- @DCDPR can you please remind the rangers to come unlock Sherwood gates on weekend mornings? Lots of kids want to play before 9 am. 4 months ago
- Big crane now up for Avec project replacing H Street Connection at 10th & H. https://t.co/0MiZTynAZS 4 months ago
- @EllieZoss Hi neighbor! Why don't you email Phil who is also a parent there: Philanc6a at gmail. 5 months ago
- @WeElevateDC @charlesallen @mikekruger @DCDGS @DCDPR Terrific. Thanks to you & your great team! 5 months ago
The Department of Parks and Recreation and Department of General Services would like to provide you with an update on the new Sherwood play space, which will be built this year to provide a new playground for both the community and school.
Through community meetings held in late fall 2013, as well as through online surveys, we received great feedback about Sherwood/SWS that was used to develop the concept design. We hope that you are as excited as we are about the playground renovations and upgrades!
The next step in this process will be a pre-construction community meeting. We will introduce the construction team and discuss the final design, construction schedule, and potential impacts to the site. This
meeting will take place on Wednesday, June 11th, from 7:00pm-8:00pm at Sherwood Recreation Center, 640 10th Street, NE, second floor. Please note that during construction, the Sherwood parking lot and basketball court will be offline. The track/oval will remain online through most of construction.
Please share the attached flyer with your friends and neighbors. We also invite you to visit our website for more information on the Play DC initiative:
Should you have any questions or concerns about the Sherwood/SWS renovations, please contact Stacie West (DPR) at stacie.west orshahrokh.ghahramani or 202-478-2427.